Bracey’s Nursing Solutions
Killeen, Texas 76549
All trademarks or registered trademarks on this site are owned by the respective owners.
Website Design by e-
Copyright © 2010-
Basic Competency of Intravenous Therapy
This is an 8 Hour course designed to provide principles and techniques of insertion and management for peripheral intravenous catheter.
1. Explain the indication and contraindications of peripheral IV therapy
2. Define selected venipuncture terms
3. Discuss infection control guidelines related to IV therapy
4. Discuss relevant anatomy related to site selection restrictions
5. Select the right equipment to insert and remove a peripheral IV catheter
6. Calculate infusion rates
7. Discuss care an monitoring of a patient with an IV
8. Discuss legal implications of IV therapy
9. Insert a peripheral IV on an anatomical mode
10. Remove a peripheral IV from an anatomical model
1. IV Site selection
2. IV Site care
3. Peripheral lines
Student Must Provide:
Prior to class, Purchase Pre-
Certificate of Completion upon attendance and completion of course.
Replacement or Additional Certificates of Complete are $15.00 ea. plus $25.00 Shipping and Handling.
May be paid in six monthly payments using PayPal Bill Me Later®
Money Orders Are Not Accepted.